Hamilton, Madison, and Jay

This blog is devoted to a variety of topics including politics, current events, legal issues, and we even take the time to have some occasional fun. After all, blogging is about having a little fun, right?

Name:
Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

Who are we? We're a married couple who has a passion for politics and current events. That's what this site is about. If you read us, you know what we stand for.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On the rapist in Switzerland

I'm loathe to even focus on this insignificant issue. In my opinion, the media's focus on this is nothing more than a distraction. However I've received e-mails from readers wondering why I haven't said anything on this. (Like Hollywood give a rat's ass about what us "little people" have to say on this issue.)

I'll make this short, sweet, and to the point. Roman Polanski is a POS. He drugged and raped a 13 year old girl. How was it rape? Because she kept telling him "no." In my personal opinion I think that child molesters and rapists deserve the death penalty. They victimize the innocent to serve their own psycho-sexual deviancy. The statistics on recidivism by these predators show that the majority aren't rehabilitated in prison. They are released and end up committing their crimes again. So I firmly believe that Polanski should be put down.

Hollywood disagrees. They want his actions excused. Now it's true that he plead to a lesser offense, but the man skipped town before he was sentenced. It's also true that the girl in question (now, obviously grown up) has "forgiven" his indiscretion. That's fine. She's entitled to do that. But it doesn't change the fact that he committed a heinous crime, and hasn't served his time for that crime.

I'll be frank with readers. I dislike Hollywood. I support the First Amendment and the freedoms enshrined within it. Hollywood has the right to speak out. What I dislike is that Hollywood speaks out as if they're intelligent people. (I'm not saying their dummies, by any stretch.) I am saying that these people live in a world of fantasy, and when that life collides with reality Hollywood doesn't disappoint. They lecture the little people like they're political leaders or professors. In reality, on issues that reside in the real world, these idiots don't know their ass from a whole in the ground.

Instead of defending him, which many have using the most inane excuses ("It was the seventies, and this was commonplace"; Whoopi Goldberg yesterday tried to parse what rape was -- "It wasn't rape-rape") these people should be condemning him for his actions and the fact he fled the country. The man committed a crime and he should have to face the sentence for that crime. Some say that he will be treated unfairly, which is laughable. For people out there who think that he'll get my sentence (see above for my thoughts if you've forgotten them) think again. He'll get some time in a country-club penitentiary. Hell, he might even be able to procure some casting couch conjugal visitations. But he belongs in jail for what he did to that girl.

Publius II

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home